AWL is a machine builder with a social heart.
AWL is an internationally oriented company with 600 employees. A motley collection of Engineers, among others, control technicians, robot programmers, project managers and technicians, who have one thing in common: the desire to be technology number one in the development of the best robotic welding machines. AWL is innovative, progressive and strong customer- and solution driven in the field of robotics technology. The company designs and builds production systems. AWL works for customers who operate on World Class level.
We are an informal organization that is always looking for creative students who are results-oriented, enterprising and inquisitive. AWL has an annual average of 50 internship and graduation for MBO, HBO and university students.
Do you embrace a high level of ownership in solving complex problems? Does the challenge of improving and implementing an economical design for automated robotized equipment appeal to you?
Then this assignment is ideal for you!
Improve the design of our Human Machine Interface (HMI) of our the welding machines with the operator in mind. The goal is to design a better structured and ergonomically layout and functioning HMI (buttons and screens). You are allowed to think out or the box.
You design must be validated with theories, demo designs, mock-ups or in other ways. Also a market research will be part of the assignment to find out what will be the best way to structure and design out HMI.
Level of the assignment
– Education level: B.S degree (or higher) in industrial design or ICT (front-end development)
– Divide a challenge into separate challenges to isolate and overcome them
– Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
– Oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, design according and challenge technical requirements
– Functional and material knowledge to design, realize and test prototype
Om op deze vacature te solliciteren bezoek je careers.awl.nl.